47 – A Vision for a New World …
For reasons unbeknown to most of us, Scientists refuse to apply the astonishing discoveries they have made about the physical world to the Human Being (perhaps the only exception is the Theory of Evolution).
Advances in Science leave no doubt that the Human Being, like cells and planets and everything else in Nature, is a physical system made out of atomic particles, yet most scientists have not been able to break away from the centuries-old Paradigm of the ‘superiority’ of man over Nature, thus persisting on separating us from the natural world.
Undeniable as it might be that we are highly complex and evolved creatures, we do abide by the same natural laws that apply to atoms, and cells, and planets. This would be obvious to us if we were taught to take well-proven Theories like
• Bell’s Theorem
• Einstein’s Relativity
• The Laws of Thermodynamics
• Bohr’s Complementarity
• Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle
• Pascal’s Probability Principle
• Prigogine’s Dissipative Structures
• Maturana & Valera’s Autopoietic Systems
• Mandelbrot’s Set
• Quantum Field Theory
and, like pieces of a mosaic, put them together into a view of our Universe we’ve never seen before: A living, nurturing and evolving Organism founded on Cohesiveness, Equilibrium, Continuity, Pliability, Tenacity, Self-organization, Uncertainty, Chaos, Possibility, Self-perpetuation, Transformation, Order, Pre-determination and a relative degree of Freedom to adapt.
But instead of trying to understand our Universe as a Whole, the current scientific emphasis on Reductionism and Separation is intent on isolating the smallest atomic particle, believing that by doing so we will understand the true nature of Reality. It is like trying to understand the mystery of the human mind by isolating a neuron.
As the mind of pre-Copernican/pre-Galilean Human Beings had not made the neuronal connections to comprehend the fact that the earth is an element of a System subject to the centrifugal forces of a common star, so the mind of ‘modern’ Human Beings has not been able to make the neuronal connections to comprehend the fact that we are elements of a Universal System that imprints each and all of its component elements with a pre-determined set of rules by which to Exist and Evolve.
To delineate some of these universal rules let me take a few of the Theories scientists have already discovered, and apply them to 3 common universal elements: a Cell, a Human Being and a Galaxy.
• For a cell, or a human being, or a galaxy to have a continuous and dynamic form of existence, the entire range of our component elements … no matter how small or large, simple or complex … must be thoroughly inter-connected for us to be able to form a cohesive and self-directed organization (Bell’s Theorem).
• For a cell, or a human being, or a galaxy to have a continuous and relatively stable existence, we must attain, and sustain, a more or less constant balance between the energy we consume and the energy we release; without this equilibrium we cease to exist (Relativity & Thermodynamics).
• For a cell, or a human being, or a galaxy to grow into a more or less pre-determined structural design, we must adhere to a pre-set developmental process, while still remaining distinctive and with a certain degree of freedom to adapt (Complementarity).
• For a cell, or a human being, or a galaxy to perpetuate a constantly changing form of existence, we must be able to unfold amidst the Uncertainty and the Probability of myriad outcomes (Uncertainty & Probability Principles).
• For a cell, or a human being, or a galaxy to nourish the emergence of a totally dependent form of existence, we must be able to negotiate available supplies of energy sources. Once supplies become exhausted or are no longer accessible, we either adapt to new sources or cease to exist (Dissipative Structures).
• For a cell, or a human being, or a galaxy to become integrated as an element of an ongoing evolutionary process, we must be able to create an interactive and protective boundary, and re-generate our own elements, and come endowed with the means to self-perpetuate our System (Autopoietic Systems).
• For a cell, or a human being, or a galaxy to attain a relatively pre-determined yet evolving shape, we must abide by the self-replicating conventions of primordial prototypes (Mandelbrot Set).
• For a cell, or a human being, or a galaxy to be able to bend our own potential, we must come endowed with a relative degree of freedom to transform and be transformed by the movement of Evolution (Quantum Field Theory).
Although undeniably unique and individual, we do obey a magnanimous Universal plan that imprints us all with supple rules to emerge and exist, while endowing us with a relative degree of freedom to adapt and affect our environments.
Once we are able to overcome the Hubris of our current Paradigm and allow the Vision of this unarguable Truth into our minds, the path to Humanity’s higher level of understanding will open before us.
Comments and questions on the Contact Us page are not public. Do let me know your thoughts.
Note: New Posts are usually published on the 1st and 15th of the month. To susbscribe to the Blog click on the RSS feeder (orange icon) on the left column of the Home page or on the icon on the barcode.